Dr. Zachary Rubin spoke with the parents and staff of Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 via Zoom on January 25, 2021. The presentation discussed what you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccines that are available in the United States. The full presentation is listed below.
Key Take Home Points
- The COVID-19 vaccines are mRNA vaccines, which DO NOT affect your DNA.
- These vaccines are very effective at preventing symptomatic COVID-19 disease.
- The two vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are similar in their safety and effectiveness.
- Severe allergic reactions have occurred to both vaccines, but are very rare!
- Check your local county health department for more information on when you can get your vaccine. A list in Illinois is listed here.
- Be careful about the information that you are reading on the internet. Conspiracy theories are abundant.
Do you have questions?
At Oak Brook Allergists, we are continually monitoring the safety and effectiveness of these vaccines. Do you have concerns about a severe allergic reaction to the COVID-19 vaccines? Have you had an adverse reaction to your initial COVID-19 vaccine dose and want to know if you can safely receive the second dose?
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment with any of our board-certified allergists, contact our friendly staff today by calling us at (630) 574-0460 or by filling out our easy-to-use appointment request form online now. We have locations in Elmhurst, Naperville, Downers Grove, and Plainfield, Illinoi. We look forward to serving you.